This short sentence is a signal of what just was, is no longer, and what was to come, is now.
I lose my job, industry, and entire concept of what the previous 4 years had been building towards in three short hours between 9am & noon-o-clock on March 11, 2020 sitting at the kitchen table of an AirBnB in Long Beach, CA.
Within six months I am implementing a plan that rises from the ashes of yet another career. What goes around comes around, and I have a history of looping back at past lives to re-up when it’s time for what’s next.
I am building the internet (web development) that feels a lot like the old days at ONST Creative/Versett, designing more than ever, and providing small business consulting relying on six years of agency life, and the last four years making a freelance photo journalism career work.
My hours of operation are based on my natural circadian rhythms, so Coffee at 3am is common, often, and usually results in the best work days before the city even wakes up.
Most Recent Work
Read all about it in the case study here, but the highlights include the following:
- A complete re-brand project that runs as smoothly as your first mile race
- Modular site design extending the new M2M identity and business goals
- A WordPress/WooCommerce based monthly subscription billing & invoicing system
- Custom coach matching on-boarding & registration with notifications
- Multiple membership levels/abilities providing gated functionality throughout the site
An attempt at integrating fully into a larger team at Campers Village doesn’t last long when I don’t do my appropriate homework, but we work well together utilizing all that I do in my short time to improve processes, document the new tools, and improve the marketing cycle dramatically.
- Assess the current brand, future for the brand, and solidify a cohesive Campers Village identity that has been disjointed and scattered across digital channels over the years
- A toll limited overhaul of the Campers-Village.com home page after identifying massive performance and design improvements to enhance conversions functionality
- Extending a tooling/markup system used to enhance the home page, I introduce custom landing pages for marketing purposes within the limited CMS being currently used
- Design a custom Mailchimp newsletter that aligns with the overall Campers Village brand, with a focus on building process into the design to facilitate easier weekly production of the newsletter
In addition to getting businesses off the ground with my Digital Asset Management package, I am always on the lookout for interesting projects — doing actual good in the world — I can throw my skills at. I’m a good second or third person in a room.
If you are early days into something…
Send me an email